I am Aramis D'Nivra - that's what I am.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Thoughts on "Origins"

A friend of mine has an interesting post about "Darker Ogirins" that inspired me to write something.

As we all know (or not), the basis of life is pleasure. We feel pleasure when something good happens to us. We feel pain when we are displeased, angry, sad, depressed, hungry, etc. You get the point.

Our present lifestyle has evolved in such a clumsy way with a heavy dependency on money. No Money No Pleasure, No Woman No Cry. Hehe, now you understand my feeling. One is born, goes through the process of learning for one third of his/her life, works for one third of his/her life and retires for the remainder. I have had serious conversations with my mom about money and life that ended up with her being convinced of my insanity!

Anyway, my rant is as follows: Why does one learn? To become intelligent. Why do we need to become intelligent? To get a job. Why do we need a job? To earn money. Why do we need money? To live (who buys your food?). Why do we need to live? I don't know, maybe to reproduce and allow our kids to continue the cycle.

The universe can "live" on by itself without needing us allright. Rocks don't complain or eat or shit or piss or whatever. They just sit there, doing nothing. I wish I could do that - laze all day, without doing anything except maybe eat, shit, piss or whatever ;-) but still earning some dough to buy my food ... and computer hardware.

It sucks to be me, really.

--
Friends:
Friends:
Rowan -:|:- Dominique -:|:- Amanda -:|:- Aadil

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home