I am Aramis D'Nivra - that's what I am.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Knock! Knock?

Yeah, I've been absent from my blog for quite some time now. Busy with work, busy with life. I don't find the courage nor time to code on my PC at home these days. I've started programming like when I was 13 on an old salvaged Commodore 64 which I still have and in full working condition ;-) . It was not until i was 16 that I was able to buy my first PC, a 333Mhz Intel Celeron equipped with 32MB of RAM and 3.2GB hard disk. I've been coding in several languages since then: DOS scripts, PHP, Pascal, Object Pascal (Delphi, Free Pascal), Linux shell scripts, Java, C++, JavaScript and now C#.

Anyway, at work I code all day long and the zeal that I had a year ago is completely gone. I don't know if I'll be able to get that back some day soon, I have several projects from my pre-work days that need to be finished.

All I do after I get back home is play games and sometimes the guitar! Yeah, I'm a hardcore player. I'm fully into Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament 2004 (but not Chicken Shit, oh sorry Counter Strike). Painkiller is awesome, the atmosphere is great. In some way I find it "scarier" than Doom 3's puny attempts at making you scream your ass off. Tight dark corridors with zombies on EVERY corner, inadequate lighting etc. And what's up with the bump mapped and fuck faced characters? Agreed the light and shadow effects are nice but overall Doom 3 is pure shit. Let's forget that. Last week I got to try Tribes Vengeance and the game is very promising. Next up, I think I'll get back to Star Wars KotOR, finish Hitman 2, play Hitman Contracts and install my copy of Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow. Oh and I think I have to get back to IL2-Sturmovik : Forgotten Battles again. Geez, that's a lot of games to play. So little time.... so little time :(

Ok, enough of my rants and ramblings.
/quit

--
Friends:
Rowan -:|:- Dominique -:|:- Amanda -:|:- Aadil

5 Comments:

  • hey! Respect for Counter Strike playas!!

    By Blogger Jaeboy, at Tuesday, September 21, 2004 10:20:00 AM  

  • lol! I really think Camper Strike is lame :) Quakers to da max!!

    By Blogger Aramis D'Nivra, at Tuesday, September 21, 2004 11:01:00 AM  

  • QUAKE is lame!!

    DOOM 3 p0wnz!!!!

    By Blogger Jaeboy, at Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:00:00 PM  

  • Drop it, you can't handle Quake because it requires too much skills to master. Stafing, jumping, physics mastery, accuracy, trick jumps etc. You have to FIGHT for your weapons. Fast n Furious baby! Not for kids! :) Oh, I don't claim I master them all but I'm a long way through already.

    CS on the other hand is a skill-less game. I know it, i've given it its chance. You have to buy weapons first and then go on to kill. The characters jump like they've got hot potatoes stuck up their asses. Besides it's such a sloooowww paced game. An ideal game for script-kiddies :)

    You should watch some spectacular movies on Quake III out there, even Quake I. Quake owns CS hands down. CTF, RocketArena/Clan Arena, Threewave, you name it!

    As for Doom3 it sucks big time. Agreed it's developed by Id Software too but they messed up this one. The multiplayer is ok-ish. There is strafing in there but the bunny-hopping looks weird. It's below average.

    The next game that will be really good in multiplayer is Tribes Vengeance. I've tried the multiplayer beta demo and it's so nice. They reduced the complexity as compared to Tribes 2 (skiing, etc) but it's more fun. You get several modes of play besides the generic CTF.

    Btw, you tried Painkiller in multi? I think it's ok to play for 15 to 20 mins but after that it gets tiresome. The singleplayer is mindblowingly beautiful :)

    By Blogger Aramis D'Nivra, at Saturday, September 25, 2004 7:29:00 PM  

  • I don't want to take sides...I just have the following things to say:

    Gimme a 'Q'
    Gimme a 'U'
    Gimme an 'A'
    Gimme a 'K'
    Gimme an 'E'

    -Local Pimp Daddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, September 25, 2004 9:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home